I have no excuses. I have no words for how much I neglected this blog. I am going to try my hardest not to do so again. I decided to press play on my music library and see what pops up. I'll list the 20 songs that pop up. Maybe you'll find a song or two that you could add to your playlist (Chei, music library no fall my hand today oh!). Alright here we go:
1. Speechless - Lady Gaga. I like this song a lot. It's laid back and bluesy and showcases her voice. Her live rendition of it is also pretty ace.
2. Paris - Mateo. If you haven't heard his mixtape (Love&Stadiums) you should. I love his voice. He covers a wide range of songs. This song samples Coldplay's "Reign of Love". Beautiful song.
3. Used to love him - Lauryn Hill. The ya eye don shine theme song. I mean is there a bad song by Lauryn on the Miseducation album?
4. I've got you under my skin - Michael Buble. Loves me some Buble. I be feeling all cultured whenever I listen to this song hehe. Oh and it makes me daydream about my dream on doing a dancing with the stars type show. Stop laughing at me!
5. Raphael Saadiq - Radio. Love this dude and his latest album. This song transports you to American Bandstand times doing the Mashed Potatoes or something. lol
6. Lights - Frank Ocean. I love everything he does. This isn't one of my faves but I classify it under some songs of his I call the "sellout songs".
7. For your love - Chris Brown. This was one of the unreleased song from his Graffiti album. Honestly, I skip it everytime it comes on. This is probably the longest I have ever listened to it.
8. Bella(She's all I ever had) - Ricky Martin. His first album was nice jare. This is the spanish version, so it usually gets the skip.
9. Burn - Usher. I actually have no comment on this. The video just popped up in my head though.
10. Rest - Bruno Mars. This was from his mixtape. Very bleh something. I don't think I have ever heard this song before.
11. It's a Man's Man's Man's World - Seal. My very favorite song on Seal's Soul album (all Motown covers). The strings on this song is awesomeness. Can you tell I love this song? Seal is quite underrated actually.
12. Wicked Games - The Weeknd. They were bound to pop up sometime. I lurve, lurve, lurve this band/this man whatever they are. This song is depth personified. I understand that sometimes I might not be what's considered normal but when someone says: "And that's my motherfucking word too. Just let me motherfucking love you", that is something #don'tjudgeme
13. Over you - Daughtry. Love the tone of his voice. I remember when he was on idol and everytime I saw him all I wanted to do was lick his bald head. I like this song.
14. The miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn Hill. Second appearance.
15. Crossroads - John Mayer. Love me some John boy. Racist dick or not. While I think Continuum is his best album. I think Battle Studies gave us his deepest songs. Guitar on this song is the business as usual.
16. I get lonely - Janet Jackson. I used to loooove this song when it came out and I loved the video. Still a jam though.
17. Green Light - John Legend. I do not like this song. I am not sure why. It just annoys me. This and that good morning song. blech.
18. Lights Out - Danity Kane. I liked this girl. It's a shame they went through the Diddy curse.
19. Words I never said - Lupe Fiasco. The song that made me get my first Lupe Fiasco album. Drums are my favorite instrument. Love the drums on this.
20. Fear - One Republic. From their very slept on Waking Up album. Very chilled song. Like most of their songs it has their unique sound.
So, ladies and gentlemen this is what my playlist gave to me. Whaddya think? Any faves? Any new finds? Can you tell anything about me from this list? Enjoy!
PS I dey vex say not even one naija song popped up sha