Saturday, February 6, 2010

These are a few of my favorite....

...naija songs at the moment(lol RR, have you clicked out yet?) Some of these songs are not new but I thought I'd share incase anyone was looking to update their library. Oh and if you don't like songs in yoruba you might not like this list.

This song is so catchy. I was on the fence when I first heard it but now I like it. I like the way she dances and there is one fine guy in her video.

Justina - Omo 2 Sexy
">

I LOVE this song. I can't listen to the original anymore. Imagine my surprise when I found out the guest artist isn't Nigerian. I was doing my usual search for music on google when I ran into his name. I'm like huh, a nigerian hit big time and noone knew? Then I read up on him, he is actually signed to Interscope. I still didn't believe, had to confirm from main source and lo and behold it was true. He heard the song and liked it. See, small by small a nigerian will become a household name.

Banky W ft Verse Simmons - Strong Thing Remix


The sound isn't really clear but this is from the dude that gave us Koni Koni Love.

Klever Jay - Igboro ti Daru


This is my current favorite Naija song and I don't even like him like that:

Timaya - Plantain Boy


Don't count him out just yet oh:

Tuface - Implication



Even though he didn't do this beat he did the original but Don Jazzy is a beast man. I didn't have high hopes for Dr Sid but now I am convinced.

Dr Sid - Something about you remix


Banky's protegee and EME representing, you have heard him on M.I's album and on Banky's Tanker. His album is still in the works but I like this single:

Wizkid - Holla at your boy



Very well produced video, thought it was a spoof at first but I got on the band wagon and liked it. If you haven't heard it yet, you are probably the only one:

Maye Hunta - Ekaette

">

Hot song DaGrin - Kondo
">

Producer turned singer, I shouldn't have put this last.

Terry G - Testing Microphone



Extras:

Another EME artist, Scales - Heading for a grammy
Klever Jay - Tomato (love this)
Dekumzy ft Desperate chicks - Dat tin (igbo song)
Silver Saddih - Konko Jabele
Lami - Know
AY.com ft Timaya - Pass me your love remix

I'll stop here, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

Nee Fe Mi said...

heard most of them actually apart from the first 3 extras...i want it all though pretty please :)

ee said...

Don Jazzy i agree is a beast...and phew atlast he let Dr sid do a thing of his own....
The music industry in naija is def blowing up...
Thanks for the post!!!

Myne said...

I was impressed by the beats if not the lyrics and musicians. I never heard that Implication by 2FACE, it was really good.

Cily said...

My name is CILy and I approve this list... I really like that Igboro ti daru song... Puts me in a party kinda mood everytime

Harry said...

I actually don't know these guys...

L-VII said...

Link for big love.

http://www.tv-dome.net/

LucidLilith said...

I like Implication, Something remix, Justinga Terry G and of course Maye. The rest were too 'auto tuned' so I tuned out.

F said...

U no try o... These songs don tey now... lol. I agree with most of the choices sha. Holla at ur boy is hot. I hope WizKid isn't a one hit wonder. The only reason I might want to kick u out of the Gaga adoration cool kid's club is the inclusion of that drugged up agbero that calls himself Terry G. The song is basically him talking @£$% over a beat when he was high. He was literally testing the mic before the artist sang- na so my people go turn am into hit. Naija na wa.

Post a Comment

Speak out!