Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscar Predictions

Hey guys, I came in here wanting to drop my grammy tidbits but its been 2 days and I feel like it's already stale gist and I am still miffed that my Gaga didn't get any televised awards. So to make up for that here is a montage of her outfits:

Check out that wax job in the middle:



And this was my best dressed for the night:


And somebody give me what she is having, but JHud looks good:

-------------------------------------------

Ok I digressed.Sooooo Oscar noms are out and is my yearly tradition, I shall make my predictions and you can come back and congratulate or laught at me. You can check out my 2009 predictions here and within that one my 2008 is in it.Here we go:

Best Picture:
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Avatar
The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air

First of all upping the movies from 5 to 10 is pretty stupid and wow am I surprised Blind Side was in the list, although I really enjoyed it sha. So, personally Inglorious Basterds should win but I am on the fence, they just might give it to The Hurt Locker, it's more their speed than Inglorious. Don't ask me to choose now. I will update closer to time, but for posterity sake I will stick with my heart and say Inglorious Basterds.

Achievement in Directing:
James Cameron, Avatar
Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds
Lee Daniels, Precious
Jason Reitman, Up in the Air

I have watched all these movies.Cameron is Bigelow's ex husband. Cameron made a huge splash with Avatar but something tells me this Oscar is going to Bigelow, she'll be only the 5th(don't quote me) woman to be nominated abi is it win? Personally, Lee Daniels deserves it but he is black, no chance in hell :D

Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role:
Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
George Clooney, Up in the Air
Colin Firth, A Single Man
Morgan Freeman, Invictus
Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker

No argument Jeff Bridges got this. Morgan Freeman and everyone from Invictus is a waste of nomination(ok I am exaggerating). If we have an Adrien Brody ie the year Adrien won for The Pianist instead of Jack Nicholson for "About Schmidt" like everyone thought then it will be Mr Jeremy Renner who robs Bridges of an Oscar.

Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role:
Matt Damon, Invictus
Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
Christopher Plummer, The Last Station
Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones
Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds

Christoph Waltz for the win!..My second would be Woody Harrelson, I really liked The Messenger. I digress, Waltz perfomance was the first I saw and said to myself, "that is a nomination for sure". The only other person I felt that way about was Penelope Cruz for Vicky Christina Barcelona(and I can't stand her)...and she won.

Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role:
Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Helen Mirren, The Last Station
Carey Mulligan, An Education
Gabourey Sidibe, Precious
Meryl Streep, Julie & Julia

Yea did someone say Julia Roberts for Erin Brockovich? Indeed, Ms Bullock will be taking this just because she has great momentum and a back story. But really, noone and I say NOONE did a better job than Meryl Streep in Julie and Julia hands down. She just scored her 16th nom (most noms scored by a woman). All the women here are deserving sha. You guys should check out An Education, I enjoyed it.

Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role:
Penélope Cruz, Nine
Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Crazy Heart
Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air
Mo'Nique, Precious

Hooray affirmative action! I keed, Monique got this and its deserving. Nothing else to say really.

Okay that's it, the rest are the snoozefests, as usual nothing surprising really, the suspense will be for best picture and best director. Feel free to leave comments and make your own predictions. Have a good day!

8 comments:

Original Mgbeke said...

Maybe I should get that Netflix membership back. :o

Apinke said...

Lady Gaga bears that name for a purpose, i see it now!

Harry said...

Avatar must win oh!

Nee Fe Mi said...

haven't watched most of them so i think my predictions will be biased...will come back to see which ones you got right :)

zee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shorty said...

Avatar deserves it,would also be back to check the ones you got right.

Vivi N. said...

I'm so not a movie watcher. * le sigh * For the love of God, I still haven't watched Avatar!!! But that's not gonna stop me from watching the Oscars. :o)

Yeah, was kinda miffed that Ga-Ga didn't get any televised wins. Boo!!! I'm loving the 1st outfit. She is a STAR!

LucidLilith said...

Em...i dont understand any of these nominations. The members of the academy imo sometimes smoke crack.

Post a Comment

Speak out!