Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ciara - Ride

So I had a guy friend raving about this video, so I had to watch. I watched it and I have to say I was amused. First things first, Ciara is a bad ass dancer, as in she makes it look so effortless but lately in an effort to reclaim the success she had with her debut, the chic has been leaning heavily towards very sexy and suggestive song and videos which to me end up making her look silly because it is not translating in record sales. If you remember when she first started, she talked about not wanting to share her goodies, was covered up and that was a successful album for her. She started being suggestive with "Promise" which I thought was still tasteful, then Love, Sex and Magic and whatever else it started being like whoa chic, slow down. Well, same goes for this video, you guys watch and tell me what you think. Again, bad ass dancer, nice toned body(although if I had to pick a celeb body, I won't choose hers)but I think she needs to slow down on the suggestive sexy and focus on having a substantial career. What do y'all think? Watch and please leave your comments.

P.S - all she's a hater comments are welcome too lol
">

11 comments:

Nice Anon said...

U know sey you be my persin but why are you hating on this babe? Even though i think her personality is flat but the babe sabi dance! I saw this video last week for the first time and I thought " Gee this babe is going hardcore o"
I get what you mean though. I don't know why her last album didn't do well.

Vivi N. said...

Wow. Great minds think alike cause I was bout to straight up say something about Ciara and this video on my FB page.
Anywho, I got mad respect for Ciara. Always have. But she's trying waaay too hard these days. And just like you said, it comes off as silly. Or to me, contrived. I don't know what level she's trying to reach but she should just stick to what made her famous in the 1st place. I do believe in transition, and probably that's what she's going through right now. But make it believable, y'know.
This song is not hot (even with my main man LUDA! in it) and the video is nothing new. But she can dance her ass off.

Nee Fe Mi said...

Agreed ...same thing i said when i seen the video

AliceDCL said...

not seen d video yet
cant watch it am on my phone

Reverence said...

err.. i couldnt even finish it. yea no not werking

Myne said...

I think it is a well shot and steamy video, she danced really well as usual. As for her career, what can I say, sex usually sells.

Amazonian Naija Queen said...

I feel the same way about the video. I mean, she's bad ass dancer, but it definitely wasn't as tastefully done as the promise video

Mamuje said...

Couldnt bother watching the video.I kinda figured. She might be a flash in the pan....No?

mizchif said...

I have been hearing a lot about this video, but this yeye VEVO is blocked in my country and no other channel on youtube has it yet.
I'm burnt!!!
But if i know anything about Ciara, it would just be another video that would make me mad jealous of her skils and flexibility. Plus babe has a mad toned bod, i no go lie.

LucidLilith said...

Ever since Beyonce's Single Ladies came out, everyone has been trying to out dance on another. She can dance though but the video is kinda like she is trying too hard.

Tomibecca said...

I agree hands down!.I love me some Cee-Cee but the video of Ride seems like to much. Lady Gaga is causing all these ladies in music to try WAY TOO HARD who has seen the Christina Aguilera new "Not myself tonight" video that one makes this video look like child's play.

Post a Comment

Speak out!